Monday, July 27, 2015

The Magic Of A Self-Love Sanctuary She/Man Cave!

It is no secret what my favorite color is: PINK!


When I was on a women's retreat this past November a wise woman shared a beautiful insight with me  regarding the color pink. She said, "Red is love. White is courage. Pink is the in -between of both those colors. Pink is peace." Those words went straight to my heart and snuggled right in and have not left since. I have managed to create some kind of "pink room" in other places I have lived before. I have always needed the soothing walls to make me feel peaceful and at home. I left behind a beautiful pink room last November that held the most precious moments, memories, tears, laughter, anger, inspiration, and layers of healing energy within its supportive walls. That was my "she-cave". I feel it is important to have that alone space whether you are a man and need the "man-cave" or a woman needing to retreat to her "she- cave." I like to think of it as a self-love sanctuary. It is a sacred space. Its the place to take care and love on yourself and give yourself what you need so you can then go out and give to others. The others may be a partner, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, friends, students, etc.

Many things can happen in a self-love sanctuary.  For me countless hours of writing and workshop designing happened. Vision boards were created and many visions were manifested. On any given day any genre of music could be heard playing including: 80's, 90's, metal, industrial, world, kundalini, hip-hop, and show tunes. Basically any music that inspired me to move could be heard blasting out of that room. The floors were so kind in supporting me as I danced, stomped, twirled, screamed, and often pounded on them. I have to say much anger release work was accomplished within the pink.  My inner child is always pleased in the sanctuary. Many mornings the walls meditated with me and took in the vibrations of the mantras that I would chant and play. There were many evenings my kundalini yoga music would seep out into the living room inspiring someone down there to turn off the T.V.  I would often catch that same certain someone listening to the mantras being played instead of watching the TV:) Some days it would be an interesting mix of yoga music clashing and somehow blending with the metal or prog rock drumming going on in the man cave in the next room. There was never a dull moment in the pink room. 

In my new place I cannot have a pink room. It seems strange and it feels like a piece of me is missing. I have created a sacred space in my bedroom to connect with my higher power and do my meditation practice. I dance in my living room and I write on my dining room table enjoying the beautiful view from my windows. I am grateful. My whole apartment is now my self-love sanctuary she-cave. I am creating beautiful layers of healing peaceful energy within its walls every day. Yet, it just isn't the same. Even with the pink decor it doesn't hold quite the same inspiration. I need my pink walls! I need my superpower. I do not know how long I will reside in this place. When the time does come that I am supposed to move to a new space I will welcome it. The only deal breaker will be is if I cannot paint a room pink. That is a must. It means everything to me.

Creating a self-love sanctuary she- cave is telling myself I am worth spending time with, I am worth listening to, I am worth caring for, and I am worth the gift of play and fun.  I know by spending the time away in my she-cave tending to my inner world the outer world  becomes more magical on a daily basis.

RIP PINK ROOM. 

You are always in my heart.
Last photo taken of the Pink Room wall before it was covered with a vanilla color:(

No comments:

Post a Comment