Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Braggs Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar: An Unexpected Journey

An Unexpected Journey...........

I would like to start out by stating that I am no expert on matters of healthy eating, supplements, diets, etc.   The only reason I am even dedicating a whole blog post to apple cider vinegar is because of the unexpected benefits I have had while taking it.  I have now been consistently taking 1-2 tsp in a glass of water in the morning and afternoon for a month and a half now.

 It was just after two days that I noticed some differences within in me.  After a week had gone by I had realized some more things had changed with me in relationship to certain foods and habits.   As more time went by I could not help but to feel a deep level of gratitude for what was changing in my body and habits.  This gratitude is what spilled over and had me post a time or two on Facebook about what I had been experiencing.  I was amazed at the amount of feedback I received and the interest.  I was joking at first about writing this blog but I received that inner "nod" to actually move forward and expand on my experience.  I don't usually write a blog until I feel that inner "nod."

As you read about how taking this supplement affected me please remember no two people are the same.  You may not experience what I have and you may experience something I will not.  Also some people do not do well with vinegar based products.  I know apple cider vinegar is not straight up distilled white vinegar but it is still a fermented food product.  Please keep that in mind.

Okay so here is my "unexpected journey"........

In the middle of March I put myself on a 30 day ayurvedic body cleanse that consisted of me eating an Ama reducing mung dal dish (mung beans and rice) three times a day.  Ama is a word used to describe the inner toxic waste that gets built up within our digestive system and affects are overall sense of well-being.  Ama is created from poor eating habits, eating leftover and frozen foods, and eating late at night among other things.

I went on this mono- diet not only to cleanse (mung beans are a great internal cleanser),but also to figure out what foods were contributing to me breaking out on my forehead and right side of my face.  As the month went on my skin started to calm down.  One of the many positive side effects of being on an internal body cleanse  is the connection with the body.  The senses get heightened.  The body really does communicate what its likes, dislikes, and needs are.  Most of the time we are to bogged down in toxic substances to feel that natural connection to the body and feel what it is saying.  My body guided me to start taking the apple cider vinegar.  I was praying for something to assist me with my digestive system thinking that  an imbalance there was contributing to the outbreaks on my skin also.  I was soon led to the ACV.

My first glass was just one teaspoon in the morning.  I enjoyed the taste.  It was a bit of a wake up to my taste buds at first, but I quickly got used to it.  I found myself wanting another glass at lunch and one in the late afternoon.  My body needed it.  The body always knows.  It wasn't long until I felt an increase in energy.  I would say after two days is when I realized I was not wanting to fall asleep around 3 in the afternoon.  I was quite energized.  After five to six days is when I suddenly realized I had no desire to take in caffeine.  The times I normally would crave caffeine I found myself craving a glass of the ACV.  This is a huge deal for me.  Caffeine has been an on and off again addiction for me.  It is hard because not only does it affect my nervous system in a negative way, but it also disrupts my hormone balance and makes me break out in what looks like chicken pox on my face.  I am allergic to it.  It is a substance that also takes me out of my serenity and causes me to go into a depressive state if taken for a long period of time.  Since taking the ACV I have not had any cravings for the caffeine as I normally do.  I could cry tears of gratitude just for that benefit.


Around the same time I noticed the lack of craving for caffeine I realized there was no cravings for sugar either.  That does not mean I have not eaten anything sweet.  It  just means I don't crave and need sugar like I used to.  If I do eat something sweet it is not with refined sugar.  I have been okay with just eating a little something and not go overboard.  I have been able to walk down aisles and past sweet temptations without a battle going on within me.  The battle in my mind trying to justify why I need that Vegan Vee treat.   I still eat yummy Vegan vee baked goods, but I don't find myself in an obsessive-compulsive state over sugar.

The energy I have gained from taking ACV has been a god send.  Let me say, sustained energy.  I can't remember the last time I have had a mid afternoon slump or the kind of crash  I normally would feel from sugar and caffeine.  Low energy has been an ongoing issue in my life also. My energy levels are amazing right now and I am enjoying every day of it.  The last thing I would like to share is my mood level.  I feel a change.  I know with the onset of spring comes elevated moods as the heaviness of winter melts away.  This has been different.  It feels like some kind of shift within my physiology.  It could be a combination of the body cleanse and heavy metal detox I did along with the consistent use of ACV.  I don't know.  I just know I like it.

I do not drink three glasses a day anymore as my body has indicated one to two is sufficient now.

I have also used ACV as a cool rinse in my hair after showering to make it shiny.  I have used it as a toner on my skin.  I also have noticed I smell good.  I know it sounds strange. I can't help sharing.  I said I would share how it has affected me.  I smell good from the inside out.

So that has been my "unexpected journey" with apple cider vinegar.  I hope you have some positive results if you are taking it.  Just remember give it at least 30 days.  Oh and if you have it as a drink at work and have to be around other people right after you drink it just be mindful:)  You are drinking vinegar!  Oh and be careful if you drink it after 6 P.M.  It was hard for me to fall asleep if I drank it to late.  See what works for you.

I see questions in comment sections often of people asking if it matters what kind of vinegar to use.  I have seen more times than not people answer with Braggs Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar.  You don't want the pasterurized, distilled vinegars.  You want the cloudy looking, brownish kind with the "mother" in it.  Do not be afraid of the cobweb like particles floating in the bottle.  You can find it in the Natural Market section of your grocery store for around $3-4 dollars.  Seriously.

Here is a link to an excerpt from the book:   Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
http://bragg.com/books/acv_excerpt.html


I am going to include the link that I know has been around the block a few times on facebook.  If you haven't read it please give yourself some time to look it over.  15 Reasons To Use Apple Cider Vinegar

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-5875/15-Reasons-to-Use-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Every-Day.html


Let me know how your journey goes!   I know I am staying on mine until I get guided another way.


Blessings and Glitter to You,

Kristianna

33 comments:

  1. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday.

    Hippocrates used apple cider vinegar to cure wounds and enhance circulation in 400 BC.Does Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss Works?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eriana, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) helps to Boost Metabolism, a study at Australia’s University of Sydney in which subjects who consumed two tablespoon of ACV daily experienced fewer surges and crashes in blood sugar levels and therefore consumed 1,400 fewer calories per week than volunteers in the control group. See the detail info at:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/apple-cider-vinegar-acv-helps-to-boost-metabolism/

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Thanks for information.
    i Buy Melrose Organic Apple Cider Vinegar at nutribucket, Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is made from delicious, healthy, organically grown apples.
    Melrose Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
    Buy Apple Cider Vinegar Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog article very surprised to me! Your writing is good. In this I learned a lot! Thank you!
    Natural Food

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all let me tell you, you have got a great blog .I am interested in looking for more of such topics and would like to have further information. Hope to see the next blog soon. Natural Sleep Aid

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very good site, well constructed and very interesting i have bookmarked you, hopefully you keep posting new stuff, many thanks
    Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder :-D
    Kildare caterers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog, can anyone tell me besides the acetic acid and malic acid , are there digestive enzymes ( like in yogurt) inside Braggs apple cider vinegar? Just trying to find information on whether or not this product contains them, surely it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are very powerful ones inside brags.Keep in mind that it makes sugar get dumped into the body slower, it slows digestion of sugar which is important PLUS it kills cravings ( and I'm the guy who eats a whole pizza ....no B.S.)

      Delete
  10. Okay let me to tell you what's happened to me since my last post.I have been recording my food in a journal for years now ( hundreds of post recording weight gain from certain foods, HUNDREDS of post).I started light weight training several years ago, but recently hurt my knee so I only work my upper body ( anytime you DONT work your legs, your routine burns alot less calories...thats common sense since your legs are a huge muscle).I started taking organic apple cider vinegar ( twice a day , maybe 1-2 tablespoons WITH a meal and always a good dose at bedtime.I started eating MORE junk food at the same time to see what would happen, no bullshit.I didn't gain ANY weight and I even lost a few pounds ( been stuck at my previous weight FOR TWO YEARS) prior to taking the ACV , and now I dont train as much ( the knee injury) and I eat more junk food, and this has been going on for ONE MONTH .this shit is a miracle if taken at night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you heard about a line an apple a day keep the doctors away? then you definitely know the benefits of using apple cider vinegar. The health benefits of using apple cider vinegar are numerous and because it is a natural remedy it will never give you any side effects. It is a very ideal remedy for face related problems. I am using this to treat my acne and if you also want to treat any problem whether it is internal or external, you can use this. For more information about this ingredient, you can visit this site .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apple cider vinegar is a very helpful ingredient if you want to treat face related problems. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which makes apple cider vinegar very effective ingredient. By this can treat lots of health related problems whether it is your hair related problems, abdominal pain or constipation and unnecessary weight loss. It’s not the end here there are many benefits of using apple cider vinegar . If you want more reasons to use this, you should visit this site .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello friends. The points that are given on this site sound really genuine. I think nobody hates apples as they taste good. They not only taste good but also beneficial for your overall health. Eating only one apple per day can give you lots of health benefits and provide all the essential nutrients. If you do not have time to eat an apple or not like its taste, you can drink apple juice too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very nice blog friends. When i was searching for Internal Body Cleanse In Bandra. that time i got Saundaryaveda centre. Friends it is very nice one if you are also searching for Internal Body Cleanse In Bandra. you can visit here. For more information http://www.saundaryaveda.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this great post. People are moving towards various organic products like Apple Cider Vinegar because they know that nowadays how important is health for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Apple cider vinegar is very good for health it has multiple benefits for our health and it can cure some serious diseases like blood pressure and Heart diseases, it also cure our kidney.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ..Thanks for sharing information about ACV .I am having Organic Himalayan Apple Cider Vinegar from Sattvic Foods india & totally loved it.It really helped me to loss weight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Apple Cider Vinegar is really good for health and this blog explains benefits of apple cider vinegar in such a beautiful manner. Apple Cider Vinegar

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for adding the Journey of Braggs Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.. Because Braggs Raw N=vinegar is the Best Apple Cider Vinegar in India

    ReplyDelete
  22. An apple cider vinegar supplement that can answer all these requirements. It is a tried and true remedy that has been around for thousands of years, and contains the minerals and trace elements that are vital for a healthy body. It is recorded to have been used by Hippocrates around 400BC for its health giving qualities and is still providing health benefits today.
    https://healthandfitness2020.com/benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post! Did you know ACV helps most all type of chronic inflammation as well? Click on this link to learn more about the wonders of ACV! https://bit.ly/2pnrD9q

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've used organic ACV (apple cider vinegar) with lemon juice and real organic cranberry juice for years and love it. My friend told me she tried ACV with coconut water and loves it also. We trade ways to get these great ingredients in our daily diet.
    I found this website https://goo.gl/zZVczb helpful and now am glad I did. I hope this helps with your continued health and well being. I also use local honey from bee keepers, I trust the source and it supports my local bee keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We understand that in today’s busy schedule we often start depending on unhealthy choices, which is reflected in our health, skin, and hair. That is why we have brought to you 100% natural and organic apple cider vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really I love your Blog. Thanks to Admin for sharing such useful information. Addition to your Story here I am contributing one more similar Story Benefits of Honey on Skin to remove Pimples and Acne Scars.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The body always knows. It wasn't long until I felt an increase in energy. I would say after two days is when I realized I was not wanting to fall asleep around 3 in the afternoon. I was quite energized. After five to six days is when I suddenly realized I had no desire to take in caffeine. Ostomy Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  28. The blog article very surprised to me! Your writing is good. In this I learned a lot! Thank you!

    apple cider vinegar pills

    ReplyDelete